women empowerment


We are STUDIOJUX.ORG, a foundation that strongly believes in women empowerment as the key to break the cycle of poverty and poor living conditions. Since our establishment in 2013, we offer women in Nepal a chance to have a happy + independent life by supporting tailors, women empowerment projects and social enterprises that are based in Kathmandu.

Leave a better world behind

Our purpose

As a foundation, we are providing vulnerable, underprivileged, yet powerful, and strong women with meaningful and decent work. Together, we are showing that it’s possible to change the way products in the fashion and lifestyle industry are made and how to create impact at the same time. We want to serve as an inspiration to others to do the same and ultimately leave a better world behind. 

Our approach

Through the STUDIOJUX.ORG foundation, our mission is to raise funds and expand our network of conscious clients and customers by selling our private label collection as well as upcycled sari’s, ceramics and jewellery. In this way, we are able to ensure employment and a continuous production flow, which will benefit the lives of our tailors + all the local craftsmen- and women we work with, including their families. The + sign in our logo represents partnerships and togetherness.

Our journey

We are united by studio JUX, a small chain of concept stores for conscious + sustainable living, which was based in the Netherlands. As part of the JUX family, STUDIOJUX.ORG Foundation supports studio Nepal, a small factory in Kathmandu. The factory was set up in 2011 by Jitske Lundgren, the founder of studio JUX.  

Unfortunately, studio JUX has to close its doors, but the STUDIOJUX.ORG foundation will continue and support the factory in Nepal. Studio Nepal will be able to continue producing fair trade and sustainable textile items. Run, owned, and operated by General Manager Tzering and a team of dedicated women, they’re ready to continue the mission and are showing that it’s possible to change the way products are made and how to create impact at the same time. 

How we are organised

The STUDIOJUX.ORG foundation is a private non-profit organization with a legal personality under Dutch private law. It was established on 18 July 2013 and has its registered office in The Netherlands, registered in the Trade Register of the Dutch Chamber of Commerce under the number 58398937, tax number 853022598.

The board members of STUDIOJUX.ORG foundation are working pro bono, which means that at least 98% of the funds received are spent directly on women empowerment projects. The other 1-2% is spent on administration costs.